Book with Confidence when you book with The Cruise Company!
A Message to Our Community
These are without a doubt difficult times and COVID-19 continues to challenge the world. To play our part in social distancing, The Cruise Company operations are completely home based. Our Cruise Specialist are here to assist you. Our mission at The Cruise Company is to bring people happiness through unforgettable travel experiences, and we hope to continue doing so when you are ready.
- If you originally booked with a Cruise Specialist at The Cruise Company, please contact them to proceed with the fulfillment of your FCC.
- If you originally booked elsewhere and are having trouble getting answers, give us a call at 1-800-988-6444. We would be happy to help! Let us connect you with a Cruise Specialist who can help with the completion of your Future Cruise Credit (FCC).
- If your travel was postponed and you were issued a Future Cruise Credit (FCC), we are here for you. If you’re getting inspired to start planning your future vacation, we would love to help you redeem your FCC.
- For those with a booking with a Cruise Specialist, we encourage you to contact them first.
- If you need help connecting with your Cruise Specialist, give us a call at 1-800-988-6444.
- Even booked somewhere else and can’t get a hold of anyone, we’d love to try and help. Give us a call at 1-800-988-6444 so we can see what we can do to help during these uncertain times.
There are no fees to book, change, or cancel your cruise or tour. Our standard cancellation policy is in our Terms & Conditions, but many cruise lines and travel providers have modified their individual cancellation policies to allow customers more flexibility in managing their travel dates. The Cruise Specialist can help answer any questions you may have about your upcoming cruise plans, offer advice concerning your travel provider’s specific policies, sailing updates, and cancellation requirements. Travel Provider’s cancellation and rebooking policies are changing daily with many announcing generous, traveler-friendly policies that encourage travelers not to outright cancel but instead just delay their vacation. We are seeing more and more travelers doing just that – not cancelling and instead pushing their vacation out a few months, and just like the rest of the world, waiting a while for the virus to pass and then continuing with their lives again.
*** Below you will find a list of when the cruise lines are planning to resume itineraries, as well as links to their policy covering future cruise credits and refunds on canceled sailings. We have also provided links to relaxed cancellation terms for bookings on future sailings.